On May 30, 2017, companies involved announced the transaction by which the largest online retailer in Romania, eMag acquired the majority stakes in Romanian courier company Sameday Courier.
eMag bought 80% of the shares, the owner of the remaining 20% being Lucian Baltaru, one of the two founders of the company. Octavian Badescu, the other significant shareholder and founding partner sold the entire stake in the company.
Volkswagen-Audi and Enercon are interested in starting businesses or developing partnerships in Romania, according to a press release of the Ministry for the Business Environment, trade and Entrepreneurship.
The relevant minister, Alexandru Petrescu, has paid a visit in Germany to the Romanian companies' stands at the Hannover Messe Fair - one of the events in the industrial technology area.
Airbus Helicopters and IAR Brasov have signed a general agreement for an exclusive cooperation for the heavy twin engine H215M multi-role helicopter, Airbus Helicopter reported in a press statement on Thursday. Under this general agreement IAR will become the prime contractor for the H215M for any future order by the Romanian Ministry of Defense to replace their ageing fleet.
Teraplast, one of the largest industrial groups with local capital, has concluded on 01.03.2017 a contract of purchasing a package of 50% of shares held by associates of Depaco SRL, the second player on the market of metal tiles through Wetterbest core brand.
The acquisition is a strategic one for Group Teraplast considering that TeraSteel subsidiary is the leader of galvanized steel structures, and new products that will be included in the portfolio will be complementary to the existing range.